Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The Secret To Creating Massive Duplication And Retention Now‏

A smart guy asked me . . . "What exactly do you mean by being an active leader in an online sense?" I generally don't go through all the details, but because I was asked I decided discuss the topic in full in the hope that all of my team working the
Home Seller Assist program created by John Alexander, will benefit from this.

It begins with this, what duplicates in your business is not so much what you do, but who you are. If you are aloof and non responsive to your team members that's going to duplicate down the line and well that's not what you want.

The power comes in when we talk about the opposite end of the spectrum. When you give your team 110% of you, they do the same for their team. This creates massive excitement, massive action, and huge results including increased retention. But what does giving 110% mean? It means when a team member needs you, you respond. It means when a team member doesn't know they need you, you respond. And always on their level . . .

I've had all types come into my team, some who like to communicate on the phone, some who like IM, some who like email. It's all good with me. When it comes to communication on a one on one basis, I go where my team members take me. But it goes further . . .

Keep a separate autoresponder that has the email address of all the members of you team. Email them as often as you like. Whenever you have something great that's worked for, you email it to them all so they can follow suit.

When you feel team moral isn't high it's your job to motivate them, share your vision and your dream with them. This one is HUGE! When a member of your team does something amazing make sure you email it to everyone.

This does two things

1. The person you are holding up to the light deserves the spotlight and will love it.

2. The other members of the team will see that it's possible, and gain confidence in the success of their peer. Get an online conference room or a teleconference bridge. Do weekly team meetings. Share best practices.

All these things create an amazing team dynamic and if you do them consistently you start to see your business come alive as if it was it's own living breathing entity.

That's the magic! When people ask how heck did you grow such a large team in six months. It's not because of me, it's because I have a great group of people I'm working with. There is great power in team work, use it, and leverage it to it's fullest.

No comments: