Monday, November 17, 2008

Investor/Agent Disclosure


So how do I manage disclosure as an investor/agent without scaring folks off or putting them on the defensive?

Well, the answer’s pretty simple. I just tell ‘em. Just tell ‘em, don’t make a big deal of it, and don’t worry about it.

The fact is, contrary to popular belief most folks just don’t care in the least if you’re licensed or not. And some folks actually seem to feel even better about it.

Here’s what to say…

…And usually in your very first conversation with a prospective client (i.e. motivated seller whose house you're scoping out)…

“By the way, I want to let you know that I am a licensed Realtor. So you know I’ve got a little formal training.

But also just to make sure we’re on the same page here I”m not here to try and list your house or anything like that… (smiling a little at this point) …I’m not here as your agent or anyone else’s other than my own. I’m here looking as a possible BUYER. Make sense?”

You bet! Many agents who are working the Home Seller Assist created by John Alexander, also
known as We Provide The Cash use this techinque.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Before you begin working with any real estate agent, you should know who the agent represents in the transaction.

Owner Financing, owner will carry, Home Seller Assist, Home Owner Assist, sell note, Owner Carried Notes, Home Sales Expert, Temporary Seller Finance Program.